18 Sept 2011

My Heart Has Been Broken

Tomorrow I'm off to London. This time I won't bother you with any news or thoughts from my life (there are too much of them already). And frankly right now they are none of your business. :) But I would like to share yet an other song with you. This time a song by a Finnish band called CMX (Cloaca Maxima). One of their songs has defined my life since the moment I first heard it. And it's more than appropriate right in this moment of my life. And here you have it:

My Heart Has Been Broken (Minun sydämeni on särkynyt)


Listen to what it says:
"Leave your childish face here
Press your hand into the mold
And wait for the sun to rise."
Grieve is here like the poverty
Like a promise of the wilderness,
Like the false mirage
And the pain won't go away.

Write it in the sand
And the sand will keep your words.
Write it in the stream
And the water finds its way home.
Write it in the air
And the birds will rise on their wings.
Write it in your memories
And they will part like a road.

See where the wisdom is
That built the cities
And wrote the libraries
Full of solitude.
When the wind of the wilderness
Caresses your riverbed
And the great words
Dry within your mouth.

Write it in the light
And the light will travel into the void.
Write it in the evening
And the evening will join with the night.
Write it in the fear
And the fear shall fear itself.
Write it in the words
And the words shall turn into each other.

Once your memory won't hurt anyone
Then my heart will break.
Once your memory won't hurt anyone
My heart will travel
Over the restless land.
My heart will shatter
To wonder on with the wind.

Yours in these words,

Stefan

2 comments:

  1. Sorry if your heart was broken. i wish you all the best
    муха

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart will travel
    Over the restless land.
    Your heart will shatter
    To wonder on with the wind.

    I hope you luck on that journey!
    Kaisu

    ReplyDelete